Thursday, May 17, 2007

Illustrator CS3 Enhancements

Now that I got the rant out of my system, I've got to say that the Adobe Illustrator Color Guide panel (?) is really cool. It is one of those features that make you slap your head and wonder why someone didn't think of it 10 years ago!

The editing of groups is very Flash-like now also. You can even name groups. Of course, if you duplicate a group, it is still a duplicate. Illustrator has had symbols for years, I think they are even easier to work with now, especially for the Flash artist. Now you can even specify the symbol to be a movieclip or a graphic. The distinction seems to be meaningless in Illustrator, put there for the purposes of allowing you to better prepare the artwork for import into Flash. F8 is even mapped to the New Symbol command.

A small touch that I like is the ability to specify larger anchor points and control handles. You only get to chose from 3 sizes, but that is 2 more than before. I never thought I'd like larger control handles but recently I felt like the current ones were getting smaller. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment