Tuesday, August 07, 2007

SmartStroke doesn't like Classical

The other day I was using the Painter X SmartStroke Autopainting feature and it was running very slowly. I figured it was because I had many big apps open (Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Outlook), but normally this is not a problem. Regardless, I start exiting them one by one and testing to see if the performance comes back. Finally, all have been exited and the performance was still bad. I'm starting to think I'll have to reboot. Well, there was one last app open... I was listening to the local classical station using Window Media Player, which was in an IE browser window minimized in my Taskbar. That turned out to be the troublemaker! Once I quit that, the SmartStroke was back to speed (even after I launched my "big" apps again). I thought I'd pass this tidbit along.

No comments:

Post a Comment