Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bit o' the Game Engine



Richard and I have launched our 18th Bit for Bits of Blender. This one is a whirlwind introduction to Logic Bricks and the game engine. I've begun teaching him about the game engine as a prepare a course for CartoonSmart.com. He couldn't resist having us show a little on it.

One thing I noticed in the video is that the velocity for one of the objects is faster than the framerate of the capture software. The software was capturing at 15fps, the game engine was running at 60fps, and I'm not sure what the YouTube encoder does to the fps.

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial John & Richard!!
    I also like your page layout with the blk background. Much easier on the eyes.
    Now that your into blender ge, perhaps I could persuade you to do a tut on a running movie. I have only found one so far. And for some reason I can't get it to work.
    As a matter of fact, the tutorial on it was having difficulties also.
    I find all your tutorials very helpful.
    Thanks a lot from Florida,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you found your answer for this in my "Movies as Backgrounds in Blender" post. Thanks for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete