Friday, July 18, 2008

BFCT


I received notice today that I am officially a Blender Foundation Certified Trainer (BFCT)! Blender is the number one animation program. It is an honor to be among only seven BFCTs as of this writing (six at that link, my info is not up yet) and the second BFCT in the United States.

Blender is a great program, I enjoy using it professionally and teaching it through my CartoonSmart.com videos as well as the Bits of Blender series I've been doing on YouTube with my son.

If you haven't tried it yet, click on the logo above to go to the website. Blender is free and open source. You can model, texture, rig, animate, light, render all in one package (as well as a game end and video editing). It is a small download and available on Solaris, Window, and Macintosh (to name a few). The requirements for running it are modest and it is an extremely stable program. There is a large, active, user community at BlenderArtists.org. News about Blender-related topics can be found at BlenderNation.com.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations from me too! Very well deserved!

    Regards
    Carl Gustafsson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I almost forgot "Congratulations" are in order.
    This achievement does not surprise me. Since your tutorials are right on the mark. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete