Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Materials and Textures


My latest video for CartoonSmart.com, Materials and Textures, launched on July 31st. I've been so busy I neglected to post on it. It slipped my mind when I was blogging on Friday, I was so excited about the Acrobat 3d stuff and Blender (sorry!).

This video uses Blender 2.46 and is a gentle introduction to the subject matter. It stands separate from my first 3 videos and can be viewed by anyone with basic Blender skills (like what you'd get from Blender Basics 1). The video covers:
  • Materials
  • Textures
  • Image Mapping
  • Procedural Textures
  • UV Mapping
  • Color Ramps
  • Outliner Window
  • Oops Schematic
  • Transparency
  • Reflection
  • Multiple Materials
  • Multiple Textures
  • Projecting an Image
  • Creating Strands (hair or grass)
  • And more!
It is over 2 hours long and is recorded in the same manner as the others, compressed using the H.264 codec at Best quality, Millions, 1024x768. The audio is AAC 44.100kHz. Just as we did for Blender Basics 1, 2, & 3. I continue to support the Blender Foundation and recently (two months ago) became a sponsor for Apricot.

2 comments:

  1. This lesson was awesome! I loved it! keep up the good work. I am going to buy the Gaming Lesson the seconds it comes out! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! The next lesson, Logic Bricks, will be coming out soon.

    ReplyDelete