Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Glass Studio




One of the best feelings I have as a teacher is hearing that I helped. A cool thing about Blender is we get an international audience. Richard and I received a great letter the other day regarding our Bits of Blender YouTube series. I asked the artist if I could post it and a sample of his work, the above is his work and below is his kind note. Richard said it best when as he watched it "Cool! Awesome! Cool!"


Thanks for your video tutorials!

Hello Greetings from France !

I am a British artist (painter). I am currently working on 3d animation and today I put on line (on YouTube) a my first Blender animation. The video is called: The Glass Studio.

I have learnt a great deal from your videos. I believe that I would have given up on the program had it not been for the excellent tutorials that you published. Of course there are many video tutorials about Blender on YouTube, but I found myself constantly referring to your tutorials. The way you focus on teaching very specific things in Blender was very useful to me. You have succeeded in opening up this daunting program to me and I am sure, to many other Blender newbies!

I still have a great deal to learn for example, I have not yet succeeded in creating bones that work properly. The figure in the animation has no bones! I hope that you enjoy my simple animation!

I wish you continued success with all your creative work.
Best wishes from Ian Marke

1 comment: